George Borrow Trust Projects
The George Borrow Trust aims to promote the work and memory of George Borrow through a number of projects, not only in the United Kingdom but on a world-wide scale.
In addition to considering applications from the public the Trust will also want to promote projects of its own, information about which will be given as it becomes available, and may invite applications from individuals able to assist in such projects.
Some of these projects would consist of:
- Funding or contributing to funding publications on Borrow
- Travel grants for research purposes (e.g. for visits to libraries with significant Borrow manuscript holdings)
- Support towards other research expenses
- Funding to mount Borrow exhibitions
- Support for meetings, conferences or study-days devoted to Borrow
- Sponsorship of other Borrow-related activities
- Establishment of an essay prize
- Support for artwork promoting Borrow's life and works
Recent Projects include:
- George Borrow Essay Competition
- Restoration of George Borrow's Grave in Brompton Cemetery
- Publication of A Daring Game, by Peter Missler
- Publication of The Treasure-Hunter of Santiago, by Peter Missler
- Restoration of Borrow's mother's grave (Ann Borrow) in St Michael's churchyard at Oulton, Suffolk
- Sponsorship of a two-CD set of readings from Borrow's translations of verse in many languages.
- Sponsorship of a CD of The Gibraltar Chapters of The Bible in Spain
Two further books are in preparation, to be sponsored by the Trust.